Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Really Ciara, it's not you--it's me.

Well, that was quick. But I think I gave Mrs. RD whiplash this time. She knows about all of my girlfriends and helpfully points them out to me when they're on TV or on a magazine stand. (Actually, she remembers them better than I--with some frustration she had to remind me not long ago that yes, Beyonce was my girlfriend.)

Anyway, there was no small laughter when I recently advised her that actually, Darshini David is now the one. You see, Darshini (yes, another newscaster) is an amazing creature who actually makes me smile as I watch the news. I don't actually hear what she says (the content of her reports is often tedious), but it's simply the sheer pageantry of Darshini that makes the business news so much better. And yes, I'll admit it, I'm smitten.

(Um. At least for the moment...)

smit·ten

adj. Marked by foolish or unreasoning fondness.

answers.com