Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Details

I love details.

Intricate designs, tedious planning, and most importantly, odd facts. And, knowing that I couldn't possibly learn all the odd facts that I would like I rely on my friends' banks of knowledge in specific areas. My best friend is an editor (for pay) and writer (for joy). She also is a well-versed vegetarian/healthful cook. I have a few friends who know about gardening, two friends who are birders, a photographer, a graphic designer... you get the idea. Some of them are more forthcoming with their interesting tidbits while others must be primed and cajoled.

It is my life's dream to be a veritable font of miscellaneous information.

veritable
adj. Being truly so called; real or genuine


font
n.
  1. A basin for holding baptismal water in a church.
  2. A receptacle for holy water; a stoup.
  3. The oil reservoir in an oil-burning lamp.
  4. An abundant source; a fount

Dictionary definition of veritable
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition Copyright © 2004, 2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved

Dictionary definition of font
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition Copyright © 2004, 2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.