Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Yak-killer??!!


Holey... I mean, is that really necessary?

Yesterday a friend forwarded me this article from a local paper. I was particularly intrigued with this hornet & simply had to do a little more digging.

Quotes from this article I'd like to draw your attention to:
“a hornet two inches long and with a wingspan up to three inches”
“can kill 40 European honeybees a minute”
"like a hot nail through my leg."

It seems to me that Mother Nature got a little carried away, endowing this bug with excessive firepower.

ex•ces•sive
adj. Exceeding a normal, usual, reasonable, or proper limit.

fire•pow•er
n. 1. The capacity, as of a weapon, weapons system, military unit, or position, for delivering fire.
2. The ability to deliver fire against an enemy in combat.

answers.com