Monday, May 15, 2006

Struggling

Life is a bit too... well... life-like right now. My son has fully embraced the "Why?" part of being three as well as the "mini-parent" role toward his sister. My daughter has decided that anything that goes wrong or unexpectedly merits lying on the floor and sobbing. My husband is a complete stress-ball trying to get all of his hours in working from home and searching the rental ads online every 20 minutes (we have to move by June 5th). And I started a new job last week.

I feel as though I am just barely treading water.

The noun treading water has one meaning:

Meaning #1: a stroke that keeps the head above water by thrashing the legs and arms


Did I mention that we have yet to begin packing? Egad.


WordNet information about treading water
WordNet 1.7.1 Copyright © 2001 by Princeton University. All rights reserved