Monday, July 18, 2005

Bookmarks.

When I was a girl, a bookmark was a thin leather strip given by a Maiden Aunt at Christmas or some other festival. Oftentimes, the bookmark would have a gold-embossed message or picture; a biblical verse or a picture of St Francis with his animal friends. If I were lucky, it might be a cartoon one. Sometimes the bookmark would come with it's own holder which was always promptly lost.

These days, my bookmarks are very different.

The Perfect World
Threeway Action
Pointless Waste of Time
Stumble Upon

These are the ones that I have bookmarked currently. I visit these sites often and contribute to most.

Lately however, I realised that I should only bookmark sites where I gain a real positive benefit whether that be some new knowledge or a deep belly-laugh. I've cut the dross and lightened the load. I thought that the process of cutting links would be a sad one but it hasn't been at all.

Which is nice.