Friday, July 29, 2005

He tried to honeyfuggle me!

Honeyfuggle is a word that was used daily in the 19th century. Now, it's gone. Noone says this anymore. Why don't they say it? Well, I'll tell you why! Because noone knows what the hell it means, that's why! What a silly question...

Honeyfuggle means to deceive by flattery or sweet-talk. Like salespeople who work on commission do when they KNOW that your butt looks huge in those jeans. Or what your husband does when he KNOWS he has messed up and he's trying to get back in your good graces (and that'll never work, I'm a hard sistah to crack! No I'm not... *sigh*). We say something like "Did he just try to play me?" or "Are you tryin' to trick me" or "Is this a $#!%& joke, man?!"... something like that.

So, next time someone tries to honeyfuggle you, let them know that you're not falling for that crap.

Some other facts:

*President Roosevelt was "the prize honeyfuggler of his time".
*Fugle used to mean the "F" word to young girls in the late 20's and 30's. Apparently, that had something to do with the disappearance of this word.

This place has some interesting words... I will use all of them in a sentence by the end of this year if it disables me momentarily (hey... I don't want to die!).