Saturday, August 13, 2005

The List

  • Wal-mart's corporate "ethics"
  • Flip-flops as formal footwear
  • Inappropriately mature children's clothing
  • Cult stores, including but not limited to Pottery Barn and Gymboree
  • Americentrism
  • Vulture Culture
  • Parents who dislike their child(ren)
  • Those who used the tsunami as an occasion to clean out the attic and send useless items to people who have no need of them
  • Those who think ribald synonymous for witty
  • Adults who throw public tantrums

The above are all things for which I feel disdain. When I come across one, I have to fight my impulse to make a face like I've tasted a lemon.

disdain
noun
1. lack of respect accompanied by a feeling of intense dislike: contempt, scorn.
2. a communication that indicates lack of respect by patronizing the recipient: condescension, patronage.