Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Ya big baby!


ACK! I'm sure we've all said this at one point or another, but did any of us realize at the moment we said it that it was an oxymoron? I throw around many oxymorons, almost daily, without a blink. Not even a twitch. I found this site that lists a bunch of my favorite oxymorons... let's examine them, shall we? Yeah, this is when you perk the hell up and get interested!

Okay,here are a couple:
Common sense-How many people do you know that are lacking common sense? Yeah, you too huh? I know MANY. So sense isn't common at all. Something else that isn't common is courtesy! Common courtesy is a joke, not that I think it's ha-ha funny either because I don't.

Jungle gym-Ummmm, which one is it? Make up your mind, man. It's either a jungle or a gym. Also, it doesn't resemble a jungle at all. There have never been cheetah or any wildebeast at any neighborhood park I've ever visited. Not that I can recall anyway.

Frugal Gourmet-Anything that I tried to concoct that was less than $0.10 cents a serving tasted like some straight-up, donkey turds. So, while I'm sure that some are truly gifted at whipping up something tastylicious for $5 dollars, I'm not one of those people. So, frugal gourmet means something fancy to me--something fancier than just straight-up donkey turds. More like... say... FRIED donkey turds. I'm just sayin'...

Here's one that really fried my noodles-The Great Depression. WHAT?! What kind of sick person would name it that? I'm almost in tears because that is just about the most maniacal thing I've ever heard! What was so great about it, pal? HUH?! Not a damn thing... the horrors. Great depression... sickness all up and through that. It should have been called "The Horror" or "The Terror". Something to denote how awful this time in American history was. Holy...

Fat-free Ice Cream-Eff fat-free ice cream. Tastes just like my version of frugal gourment (see above), minus the frying.

Chili--Hell... that just means something entirely different. How misleading. Can you imagine if you didn't speak English well and one of the words you were certain you knew was chilly? I mean, wouldn't you assume that if someone asked you to eat some chili, that it would probably be okay because it was probably cool? Nope. Your whole mouth would have to sizzle and your lips would water before you found out that chili was actually the exact opposite of chilly! I've had myself a good cry over my friend's mom's chili and I had no idea I needed to cry before I sat down before that steaming bowl. As my eyelashes curled, all these emotions just released themselves... Ha!

There are so many oxymorons out there that noone can really say what they mean.