Monday, October 03, 2005

I can't be mature

My husband really likes football (you wouldn't think it to look at him, he's not a meatheady Natural Light drinking kind of guy).
I watch it most of the time, but I'll be honest I rarely make it past halftime without falling asleep. All that white noise of the crowd puts me right out.
Here are the things I find funny with the game (for more, see my other post about football)
Turnover- When the opposite team gets the ball back, but I think "mmmm turnover."
Tight End- A position, I'm not sure what they're supposed to do, but it makes me giggle.
When there are "too many men on the field" the referee pats himself on the head and I keep expecting him to simultaneously rub his tummy.
Also when the ref wants to communicate that the player didn't have control of the ball he does a little juggling meets the hussle dance with his hands.
And John Madden, have you seen that guy? He's a joke just waiting to happen.