Sunday, October 23, 2005

I love you. You love me. We're an illin' family.

The oldest went to a rollerskating party last Saturday.

On Tuesday, the mother of one of the other boys who attended asked if my son had been sick after. Noooo, why? Well, her son came home and was sick a few hours later. And then her husband got sick.

Those of you with children know exactly where this is headed.

Wednesday-Thursday night, at 4 am, I woke up to the silhouette of a smallish child framed by the hall light. Said child was letting me know he was going to throw up RIGHT NOW. Which he did. More than once.

Friday-Saturday night, at 5 am, an even smaller child made a similar pronouncement. And did. More than once.

Last evening, I was at the cinema with the oldest, now recovered, watching Wallace and Gromit, The Curse of the Were-Rabbit, when I began to feel vaguely ill. I made it through the film, made it home, and made no pronouncement. But did anyway. More than once.

It hit my husband sometime during the night. More than once.

familial
adjective
1. Of or relating to a family.
2. Occurring or tending to occur among members of a family, usually by heredity: familial traits; familial disease.
"familial." The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition. Houghton Mifflin Company, 2004. Answers.com 24 Oct. 2005. http://www.answers.com/topic/familial