Saturday, November 05, 2005

Go, insomnia!

The absolute best thing about insomnia is that it frees up lots of time I might waste in sleep otherwise. I should spend the time catching up on paperwork or cleaning or something useful. I really should.

Instead, I've taken to saving the Living section from our local paper and lying in bed, poring over every inch of it when I can't sleep. Recipes, advertisements, the lame comic strips, gardening columns... I've become a late night master of the Sudoku game printed in that section.

Oddly enough, reading Living makes me fall dead asleep.

fribble
verb
To waste (time, for example); fritter (something) away.
"fribble." The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition. Houghton Mifflin Company, 2004. Answers.com 06 Nov. 2005. http://www.answers.com/topic/fribble