Monday, January 09, 2006

What a disgrace!!

This morning, I got a package from UPS. I opened it only to find the contents mangled. I was angry, to say the least. It looks as if UPS BADLY damaged my package, notified the sender of the damage and lied to them to tell them it was only cosmetic damage (to the outside of the package), and repackaged it.

I opened up the box from "TCO"--had no clue who that was. I order freebies all the time and I enter contests, too, so I thought that maybe it was one of those things. It was a "little blue box". THE "little blue box", except it was a destroyed, partially wet, bent jewelry box. No woman wants to see THE blue box mangled all to hell like that! So, here I sit with the package still on my kitchen counter, jewelry untouched, as I can't bring myself to look at that carnage any longer.

Appalled: adj. Overcome with intense feeling, as of amazement, horror, or dismay.

Roget’s II: The New Thesaurus, Third Edition. Copyright © 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by the Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.