Monday, November 28, 2005

Becuse

The oldest did his math homework this afternoon. He's in first grade (ages 6-7 for those unfamiliar), and his teacher is introducing multiplication. So for part of his homework, he had a series of questions like How many ears do 6 elephants have? and How many feet would you find on 4 llamas? He was able to arrive at the answers without any help or direction from me.

Then came a more difficult directive: Tell how you know. My son furrowed his brow for a few seconds, then wrote fluidly.

Becuse I used my brane and my fingres.

forthright
adjective
1. Direct and without evasion; straightforward.
2. Archaic. Proceeding straight ahead.
"forthright." The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition. Houghton Mifflin Company, 2004. Answers.com 29 Nov. 2005. http://www.answers.com/topic/forthright