Saturday, November 26, 2005

Coloring Books

I was in a bookstore today, perusing the specialized children's coloring books from Dover. I was tickled to find one about life in ancient Mexico. I was just about to sneakily buy it for the oldest, who was nearby, when I decided on a whim to flip it open. Let me just take this moment to say

MERRY CHRISTMAS, HONEY! NOW COLOR IN THE DETAILED DRAWING OF THE NICE WOMAN BEING HORRIFICALLY SACRIFICED!

Just a smidge too much information at his age.

smidgen
(also smidgeon or smidgin) (Slang: smidge)
noun
A very small quantity or portion; a bit or mite.
[Probably alteration of dialectal smitch, particle, perhaps ultimately from Middle English smite, perhaps from past participle of smiten, to smite.]
"smidgen." The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition. Houghton Mifflin Company, 2004. Answers.com 27 Nov. 2005. http://www.answers.com/topic/smidgen

I had them order this one for him instead.