Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Families are like nuts...

I'm expecting quite a few folks at my house this weekend on Christmas eve. I love this time of year when we can all be together and it's warm and cozy, everyone gets along (even if they're faking hahaha!), and there is good food to be had. This year, however, I'm sort of feeling lazy and I hadn't planned on cooking a big meal. Thanksgiving, I prepared all of the food for about 20 people and for Christmas, I wanted to put in an order at Boston Market. Basically, cheat but still eat.

However, my mother is already starting to pluck my nerves and it's not Christmas afternoon yet! She's insisting that I make food and not order because she likes my stuff better. She doesn't care if that means slaving over the stove for hours. All she sees is me crankin' out yummyyumyums for everyone. Hooray... NOT! My sister has already asked a million times what I'm getting her for Christmas. My father has mentioned that I shouldn't be making all that heavy food if I'm "tryin' ta lose that extra weight". *sigh* He hates me.

Everyone else keeps calling me and asking me questions. You know what I want 5 days before Christmas? I want peace and quiet. I don't know everything, I don't have all the answers, I'm not telling you what I got your for Christmas, and I won't be cooking a damn thing! I love them, but they are leaning on my nerves.

Irk: v.: To be irritating, wearisome, or vexing to
From Answers.com