Monday, February 20, 2006

And About That Bridge...


Lizzie's post about Johari windows reminds me--though I'm very sure she didn't intend it this way--of the occasional snakepit in which I inadvertently find myself by way of my lovely spouse. A perfectly innocent question will be perfectly innocently lobbed my way, sometimes even with the blithe assurance that the answer to the question in question is of no importance whatsoever.

But I've learned over time to be on my toes. Things are not always what they appear! Sometimes the path is genuinely straight and level, as we pilots say. But other times, the path, or the aftermath of my perfectly innocent response to said perfectly innocent question may be

treacherous (trĕch'ər-əs)
adj.

  1. Marked by betrayal of fidelity, confidence, or trust; perfidious. See synonyms at faithless.
  2. Not to be relied on; not dependable or trustworthy.
  3. Marked by unforeseen hazards; dangerous or deceptive: treacherous waters.

But that's real life and this here is the blogosphere. Or is it? The fact that no one will venture to ascribe negative characteristics to me on my Nohari window convinces me not (surprise!) that no negative assessment is reasonably possible, but that I'm a cad for having steam-rolled the Queen!

(I have since been absolved of all blame. But having written the post, chuckling to myself all the while, I couldn't let it go to waste!)

http://www.answers.com/treacherous