Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Vanity Plate

I'm driving behind a pickup truck with a sign reading Crime Scene Cleaners. There was a firm in DC that did that, specializing in cleaning up from suicides and murders. Awful to think of, but really, who wants to clean up the bad thing that happened to a loved one? I didn't realize there was a huge market here, though.

When we stop at a red light, I see that the owner of Crime Scene Cleaners has opted for a vanity license plate, reading DOA CLNR.

DOA
abbreviation
Dead On Arrival
"DOA." The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition. Houghton Mifflin Company, 2004. Answers.com 10 May. 2006. http://www.answers.com/topic/doa

Pardon the pun, but the first thing that went through my head was "I get it. No need for overkill." My second thought was "I've never had a vanity plate." I do notice them, though.