Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Adults left to their own devices

My friend E. and I are out on the town, alone, families ditched at home. We've eaten dinner; now we're shopping. No children demanding to be heard, no noses to wipe, no diapers to change. It's all very grownup and relaxed and quite a pleasant change.

And then E. asks, "What's invisible and smells like carrots?" I shake my head and say, "I don't know. What?" She looks me dead in the eye and says, "A bunny fart." And now we're laughing until we have tears in our eyes, and I can't wait to get home to share it with the oldest.

jocose
adjective
1. Given to joking; merry.
2. Characterized by joking; humorous.
[Latin iocōsus, from iocus, joke.]
"jocose." The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition. Houghton Mifflin Company, 2004. Answers.com 14 Jun. 2006. http://www.answers.com/topic/jocose