Tuesday, June 06, 2006

(sing along) very superstitious...

Today, of course, is 06/06/06. I predicted something bad would happen.

And it did.

(deep breath) I forgot to send a towel for the oldest to sit on during his class picnic today. I'm hoping someone else will make room on his or her own towel so that my son isn't eaten alive by

chiggers
noun, plural
Minute, six-legged, reddish larva of the harvest mite, one of various red bugs widely distributed throughout the world and common in the S United States. Attaching itself by its mouthparts to the skin of its vertebrate host, the chigger injects saliva that destroys cells and may cause an intense irritation known as red-bug dermatitis.
"chigger." The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, Sixth Edition. Columbia University Press., 2003. Answers.com 06 Jun. 2006. http://www.answers.com/topic/chigger

You know what? I'm not willing to take that gamble. I've been bitten. Those things itch like holy hell.

I'm leaving now to drop a towel off at school.