Thursday, October 13, 2005

Rhythm is gonna get you

I'm teaching the youngest the alphabet. Today found us working on capital letter E outside using sidewalk chalk. For the longest time, he was making one vertical line with scads of horizontal lines attached to it. So I told him to watch as I demonstrated how to write a few, saying as I did so One line down, then one two three. One line down, then one two three. And as I made them, I fell into a rhythm.

So then I told him it was his turn. And with perfect cadence, he made a capital E, saying One wine down, den one two twee. Then he looked up at me and added cha-cha-cha.

olé
interjection, Spanish
Used to express excited approval.
"olé." The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition. Houghton Mifflin Company, 2004. Answers.com GuruNet Corp. 13 Oct. 2005. http://www.answers.com/topic/ol-used-to-express