Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Naturally blonde

So far today, I have put the cold cuts in the freezer after making the oldest's lunch, loaded the washing machine yet forgotten to turn it on, and stumbled to remember my own phone number while leaving a message on someone's voicemail. Pathetically, that was after dialing my own number the first time I picked up the phone, then being perplexed as to why my own outgoing message was seemingly on my friend's voicemail.

I've only been awake a little more than four hours. There's no telling what else I'll manage to do today.

I'm too young to be senile, so I must just be a bumbling idiot.

bumble
verb
1. To speak in a faltering manner.
2. To move, act, or proceed clumsily.
3. To bungle; botch.
[Perhaps blend of BUNGLE and STUMBLE.]
"bumble." The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition. Houghton Mifflin Company, 2004. Answers.com 25 Jan. 2006. http://www.answers.com/topic/bumble