Thursday, January 19, 2006

My poor head tongue

This morning, I had a headache. I decided to stop by my house to take some ibuprofin, as I was running errands and still had a few more. To facilitate swallowing the tablets (plus to get a bonus boost of caffeine), I chose sweet tea. I felt a chip of crushed ice go into my mouth when I swigged, so after I swallowed the tablets, I bit down on it. Only it wasn't the ice chip. It was an ibuprofin tablet.

acrid
adjective
1. Unpleasantly sharp, pungent, or bitter to the taste or smell.
2. Caustic in language or tone.
[From Latin ācer, sharp.]
"acrid." The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition. Houghton Mifflin Company, 2004. Answers.com 19 Jan. 2006. http://www.answers.com/topic/acrid

That would explain the candy coating.