Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Holy Roly Poly

I'm going to look like a roly-poly if I don't put down this spoon.

pill bug
noun
A small terrestrial isopod crustacean of the genus Armadillidium closely related to the sow bug and having a convex, segmented, flexible body enabling it to curl into a ball when disturbed. In this sense also called roly-poly.

When I bought the new Breyer's Double Churned Extra Creamy Vanilla ice cream for the youngest, I had no way of knowing it would be heaven on a spoon. I had no way of knowing it would taste exactly like frozen whipped cream and have the same smoothness. I scoff at the "serving size" of half a cup. Puh-leeze.

decadent
adjective
1. Being in a state of decline or decay.
2. Marked by or providing unrestrained gratification; self-indulgent.
"decadent." The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition. Houghton Mifflin Company, 2004. Answers.com 17 May. 2006. http://www.answers.com/topic/decadent