Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Come with me, Sammy...

The first time I saw Sammy, I was browsing the internet and I was looking for him. Only, I had no idea I was looking for him! When I saw his face, I fell in love. I clicked the link to get more information about him and I called to ask if he had already been adopted. His information said he was 3 years old, so he'd be a perfect fit for our family. He hadn't been, so my family and I went to visit with him the next day. When we first met him, he was very excited, on the hyper side really. He didn't make much noise, he was a very proud little guy. One thing I noticed about him is that he had a pretty fresh haircut, as if someone cared for him before he was put up for adoption. Also, when we asked him to do something, he did it. When we asked him to sit with us, he did it promptly, without hesitation. He loved our boys and was very gentle with the baby, like he could feel his trepidation (the "baby" is 3 years old and he's afraid of almost everything, but he wasn't afraid of Sammy). He stole our hearts in a matter of days! The day after our visit at the shelter, we drove back (an hour and 15 minutes) and picked up our boy, Sammy.

Come to find out, the shelter was wrong about his age. Our vet says he's older than 7 months old, but he's not much older than 1 years old! Ha! Sammy Wammy is a baby and he demonstrates that daily. We love him so. He'd been in the shelter for 10 days and I can tell that his spirit was being kind of oppressed there. He's in much better spirits now. He's been to the groomers and he smells LOTS better now. He's a handsome little fella and I am proud that we played a part in his...

deliverance: (noun) the act of delivering someone or something : the state of being delivered; especially : LIBERATION, RESCUE
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/deliverance