Thursday, August 03, 2006

. . . Let's call the whole thing off.

Most people think I'm a "bad driver." I don't agree, but yesterday was one of those days that make those accusations difficult to refute. I was in a big hurry to get somewhere (as usual) and I took a corner too fast. There was a very high, sharp curb, and, as I turned the corner, it literally JUMPED out and ATTACKED my front driver's side tire! I've never seen anything quite like it. My poor little tire was mangled. I keep telling people "I got a flat" but really, my boyfriend (who changed my tire in the extreme heat) insists I "caused a flat." Whatever.

"You say tomato, I say to-MAH-to"
Shall We Dance?, film score
Date: 1937
Main Performer: George Gershwin
Genre: Film
Period: Modern (1870-)
The film starred Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers; "Let's Call the Whole Thing Off" ("You say tomato, I say to-MAH-to") was originally paired with a sequence in which Astaire and Rogers dance on roller skates.
http://www.answers.com/topic/shall-we-dance-film-score