Friday, January 13, 2006

Good for the soul

I confess to the following:

On my calendar, on the little square for this coming Tuesday, it says in cheery letters: AMERICAN IDOL! 8 PM! And then I drew a star. And then I gave the star a smily face.

I adore American Idol. It is my not-so-secret vice. I can discuss it at length. All four seasons.

Don't like it at all? Find it so much sludge? It's beneath you? I care not one

whit
noun
The least bit; an iota.
[Middle English, amount, from Old English wiht.]
"whit." The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition. Houghton Mifflin Company, 2004. Answers.com 14 . 2006. http://www.answers.com/topic/whit

Two hours this coming Tuesday. And two hours this coming Wednesday. Goodbye, football season. Hello, American Idol season.