Sunday, January 01, 2006

You mean, right now?


About an hour and 20 minutes ago, I came back home. I was out cheering our economy up before that. Anyway, after I settled in a bit and had folded a laundry basket full of teeny boxer briefs, undershirts, and jeans, I came upstairs to my computer and happened to find it on Dell.com. I browsed around a bit, found a laptop that struck my fancy, and looked it up on Consumer Reports. It checked out great, so I bought it for myself. I just had that feeling like right then was the time to buy it. Why wait? That's right... no reason to. So... it'll be here next week.

Carpe Diem: Enjoy the present and don't worry about the future, as in It's a beautiful day, so forget tomorrow's test—carpe diem! Latin for “seize the day,” an aphorism found in the Roman writer Horace's Odes, this phrase has been used in English since the early 1800s.


Idioms information about carpe diemThe American Heritage® Dictionary of Idioms by Christine Ammer. Copyright © 1997 by The Christine Ammer 1992 Trust. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved. More from Idioms