Friday, June 02, 2006

Aloha!


I haven't been around much. I've been busy, man. My preschooler isn't a preschooler anymore--school's out! YAY! I get to have my kiddo at home with me. I'm loving it. We've been busy keeping busy basically. One thing I've been doing is putting the finishing touches on my mom's 60th birthday party. I'm excited about it because I know she's going to love it! She's been so sad for the past 7-8 months (she found out her mom had cancer and wasn't expected to live more than 6 months), with good reason. My grandmother finally is at rest--she went peacefully in her sleep (she was on a heavy morphine drip), thank heavens. Now she can finally get some rest. :o( My mother has been so tough--I don't think I would be. She's usually happy and peppy like me and I want to give her that back, even if it's for just a day. Nothing can replace her mom or completely take her mind off of her mom, but I want her to have fun and celebrate for one day. She needs a break to just... enjoy herself.

So, I've put together a Hawaii-themed party for her. I've been planning it for a while now and on June 17th, my mom will be doing the hula with us and some of her dearest friends! I've bought her a beautiful dress from Hilo Hattie--hope she likes it. I've rented tables, chairs, and tents. I bought favors and leis for the party guests. Now, I'm in the process of figuring out the menu. But, what does one eat at a...

Luau: n.
An elaborate Hawaiian feast featuring traditional foods and entertainment.

http://www.answers.com/Luau