Monday, May 29, 2006

Please grow

When we go to the Children's Hospital for our regular appointments this week, the hematologist will be as kindly as ever, no matter how bad the bloodwork. But when he gets to the question about have I noticed anything since the last visit, I am going to have to tell him that when I had the youngest's feet measured for sandals this summer, I realized his feet haven't grown, not even a half-size, in a full calendar year.

He's coming up on his fourth birthday, and he still wears a toddler size 8.5.

I'm feeling quite

chapfallen
adjective
Being in low spirits; dejected and disheartened.
[From obsolete chaps, alteration of chops.]
"chapfallen." The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition. Houghton Mifflin Company, 2004. Answers.com 30 May. 2006. http://www.answers.com/topic/chapfallen

And very, very tired.