Thursday, July 06, 2006

You're killin' me here...


We have plans to go to Las Vegas in August for our anniversary, just my husband and I. While making these plans, we were searching for airfare and we were shocked at the prices of the tickets. About 3-4 months ago, when we booked our flight for Dallas, the tickets were slightly elevated for our tastes, but not so much that it left us open-jawed and frustrated. Well, all the airlines are charging an arm and a leg for 2 tickets to Vegas! I can vaguely remember when airfare was pretty reasonable and if the average joe wanted to jump on a plane and go visit a friend, they could without much of a glance at their checkbook. That average joe used to be ME! Now? We haven't been many places because of airfare.

Anyway, we booked our flight and we're on our way, but the sticker shock hasn't worn off. My eyes glazed over and I think I died for about 4 seconds after I hit the submit button on Expedia.com. This vacation is going to be a lot of fun and it was well worth it (to relax with each other sans our wonderful children for 4 days--they'll get some Mammaw time), but the price paid was completely ridiculous!

un·con·scion·a·ble ( adj.) :
1. Not restrained by conscience; unscrupulous: unconscionable behavior.
2. Beyond prudence or reason; excessive: unconscionable spending.


http://www.answers.com/topic/unconscionable