Monday, May 22, 2006

what to do what to do


It has been a dream of mine to adopt an African child for years. I support a girl from Uganda though CCF, but that didn't get it out of my system, it only stokes the fire. I began reasearching the continent and the US's international adoption policies lately, because even though we won't be prepared to take in a child in the next year, I imagined the process could take years.
However, Liberia has a very fast process that can be completed in about 6 months. So I guess it doesn't take as long as I thought.

I wanted some feedback, especially from people who have kids about when to adopt.
Our baby is almost a year old, we plan to have the next baby 18 months apart from her in age. Would it seem wise to have the adopted child be
A) older than both of our kids
B) younger than both
C) in the middle, younger than one, older than the other

What do you think?

I'll be honest, I want to just put in the application right now, I'm overwhelmed by the number of:
Waiting Children
also are referred to as children with "special needs." The large majority of children adopted through state or county adoption agencies are considered waiting children. They come into the public welfare system (foster care) because of parental abuse, neglect, or abandonment.